If you’re anything like us you are enjoying the in season blueberries, but every now and then a batch goes uneaten, or you pick your own and end up with way more than you can eat. I really like this recipe because it works equally well with fresh or frozen blueberries. The muffins are best the first day, but still tasty after that.
2 cups AP flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup blueberries (do not thaw if frozen)
1. Preheat an oven to 400F. Butter standard muffin tins.
2. In a medium bowl stir together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, oil, and eggs until smooth.
3. Add the combined dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until just blended. Add the blueberries and stir just until evenly incorporated.
4. Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool in tins for 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool.
Makes about 16 standard muffins.
*Recipe courtesy Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Muffins & Quick Breads.