This was very good. Our oldest even took seconds of Brussels Sprouts. So, I might put them in the rotation even if they’re not with this specific recipe.
Adapted from The Yellow Table’s recipe
Ingredients (serves 8):
1 cup chopped bacon
2 cups shredded Brussels Sprouts
½ cup white wine
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 6-oz servings of cod (adjust accordingly, I will try a full fillet that I cut later next time.)
Salt & pepper
20 oz carrot puree (I used Wegman’s which has a nice hint of ginger.)
The Brussels Sprouts and cod can be made in parallel.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts and cook for about 3 minutes, until wilting and bright green.
- Add the white wine and simmer until it evaporates.
- Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Salt and pepper the cod.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. (I used a non-stick roasting pan.)
- Add the cod, skin side down. Sear the fish for 3 minutes.
- Flip the cod pieces and move the pan to the oven.
- Cook for 5 more minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
Heat the carrot puree per the package instructions.
Plate separately, or stack: carrot puree first, topped by cod, then Brussels Sprouts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.