I don’t buy swordfish very often, but I was looking for some variety from my usual cod and salmon. At the fish counter, the swordfish seemed like the best option. And, this recipe was a huge hit so it will definitely be made again.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Fish cookbook, though I did modify it somewhat.
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice
salt & pepper
4 swordfish steaks
lemon wedges for serving
- Mix all the ingredients except fish & lemon wedges in a shallow non-reactive container.
- Add the fish and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat broiler (or grill).
- Place fish on broiler pan or grill rack.
- Broil/grill about 4 minutes per side.
Note: I forgot to take a picture of the actual dish, but since its the cover photo for the book, I included a picture of the book here to give you an idea of what the final dish looks like.