Green Tea Poached Salmon with Soba Noodles
adapted from Green-Tea-Poached Salmon with Soba
Ingredients (4 servings):
4 oz soba noodles
1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
3 cups chicken broth
5 green tea bags or 1 tea ball full of green tea
2 6-oz skinless salmon fillets
3/4 cups frozen edamame (optional)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 green onions, sliced
1 lime, sliced in wedges
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium pot combine the ginger, garlic, broth, and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add the tea and let stand 3 minutes. Remove and discard the tea.
- Heat broth to a simmer on high. Add salmon and reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 minutes.
- Discard the ginger and garlic.
- Break up the salmon into 3-4 chunks per fillet.
- Add the edamame, if using, and the sesame oil.
- Cook 2-4 minutes until salmon is opaque.
- Season with salt.
- Serve over noodles.
- Top with green onions, lime juice, and sriracha (optional).