Continuing on the late theme from yesterday …
I felt like I was getting a lot done in the past week, even with the Wednesday holiday. But, that slowed down as the week progressed. Initially I was home with the contractors and things were getting done. But, then they somewhat took over everywhere so I spent my time more keeping the kids contained or away in whatever form we could to avoid them.
- We got a load of mulch delivered and 4 HS kids came to spread it around for us for their fundraiser. They got through half the pile, though the most critical spots. Now I have to finish it off before winter hits.
- My oldest had this last practice and game for his fall team. I thought this would be the end, but his spring team asked him to join them for a tournament this weekend so we’ve had a few more practices and are awaiting a few more games.
- I made it to the preschool parent’s meeting, which was a nice night out.
- We went to the older preschool class’ class dinner.
- I went to the cheese festival at the farm stand; only the 4 year old wanted to join me.
- I got through a mess of errands – returns at two stores; birthday present at another store; determined Bed, Bath, & Beyond didn’t have any of the items I was looking for; Trader Joe’s for yogurt & cereal bars; and the hardware store to discuss new kitchen counters – all in one kid-free morning.
- The boys made it to math night.
- I’ve been managing three contractors for 5 days now. I think they’re about halfway done.