This is a very Americanized version of an Asian inspired dish. It works equally well with tofu to produce a vegetarian version. It is also easy to double or triple depending on your needs. Serve over rice or noodles with a vegetable on the side.
1-2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut up
*** works equally well with tofu or boneless chicken breasts, depending on your tastes
¼ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup apple juice
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T vegetable oil
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup sliced scallions
½ cup walnuts
- Combine brown sugar through pepper to create the marinade.
- Marinate chicken at least half an hour.
- Drain chicken, saving the marinade.
- Stir fry the chicken with the scallions.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the marinade to the pan and reduce.
- Add the walnuts just before serving.
You must be logged in to post a comment.