It was an interesting week with some school holidays and the end of the fall soccer season.
The public school kids didn’t have school on Tuesday, but preschool was open. On Thursday though they were back at school and preschool was closed for conferences. So, I had someone home every day. There was also no school on Monday for Veteran’s Day.
We had the crossing of the seasons in sports:
- The first week of baseball winter workouts thankfully didn’t conflict with the last week of soccer.
- Our oldest had three baseball practices, one soccer practice, and two soccer games.
- Between the next few we had two more soccer practices and three soccer games. It was rainy and cold for the last Soccer Saturday. The older ones finished out their seasons on Sunday which was colder, but not rainy.
- Our youngest went to gymnastics class.
- The middle four went to swimming lessons.
Most other things were standard events for us:
- We had another math night (there is one per grade per year).
- The twins went to math morning (weekly).
I’m slowly finishing up those things I postponed until preschool started. This week it meant I got a haircut for the first time since March!
I also took some of the boys to use their birthday gift cards, which had the added bonus of giving me Christmas ideas.
I continued cleaning out. Look at all these WikiStix creations!
On the downside, the dishwasher sprang a leak (photo at top). They came out once to assess and are scheduled to be back today with the part to make the repair. Hopefully now the wood floors underneath will dry out and re-flatten.
You must be logged in to post a comment.