When I kicked this off in November, I mentioned that my goal was to use things up but not necessarily stop shopping. I’m attempting to meal plan around what I already have first and purchase what might be necessary to flesh this out.
So, how are we doing?
2 packages of breakfast sausage (1 meal for us) 1 package of bacon
- 6 packages (3-4 per pk) of chicken thighs with bones & skin
- 1 5.5-lb package of chicken thighs with bones & skin (1 meal for us)
118 packages (2-3 per pk) of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 9 packages (4-5 per pk) of thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 3 lbs chicken wings
1 pork butt 1 package of pork tenderloin (thawing as I write for dinner this weekend)
- 3 3-lb chuck roasts
6 NY strip steaks – plain (we ate these with pesto last week) 1 package (6-8 per pk)4 of salmon filets
- 4 lbs of tilapia filets
75 lbs of ground turkey
This freezer does look better.
I’d say meat went pretty well as roughly half of it got used up. Considering it was the holiday season with special meals that don’t necessarily come from the freezer, this is not too bad. The other categories didn’t go as well.
1 box of puff pastryThis went with the salmon.
- Partial BJ’s bag of sliced almonds
- Partial BJ’s bag of walnuts
- 7 1-cup packages of blueberries (these are ones we picked and I froze in vacuum bags)
1 cup diced red pepperI made a batch of sous vide eggs with these.
- 9 basil-in-chicken-broth cubes
- 12 bags of egg whites, mix of 4-ct and 8-ct
- 3 8-oz blocks of cream cheese
- ½ box of popsicles (not sure what is going to happen to this given that its about 20° outside now)
813 loaves of banana bread (since counting I thawed 2 and sent them as school snacks) Yes, I did use some as school snacks. But, I also got a container of yogurt for a Friday Freebie and this is my best use for yogurt. So, I made some more! 1 pan of sausage stuffing (was eaten for Thanksgiving)
- 18 servings of butternut squash ravioli (I might be off on this count as I didn’t remove everything from the freezer, but its a lot. These will be lunches for me.) I did eat a few, but I obviously didn’t count them all because there are still this many left!
- 2 loaves of gingerbread
1 package of fudge
I’m going to continue chipping away at this list, and like the pantry will provide another update in March before spring sports kick off.