Now that the school year has come to an end, it’s time for a final update.
A couple of quick reminders on the principal first:
- I kicked it off in November and updated the status in January and March.
- The goal was not to stop shopping, but to use up things that had been in the freezer for a while. I’m allowed to make new purchases and buy things to complement what I’m using up.
There’s not much meat left from the March update:
6 packages (3-4 per pk) of chicken thighs with bones & skin 5 packages (2-3 per pk) of boneless, skinless chicken thighs 94 packages (4-5 per pk) of thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 3 lbs chicken wings (These are
probablywaiting for summer smoking.) 1 3-lb chuck roasts 1 lb of ground turkey 5 salmon fillets
- 4 lbs pork loin chunks cut for stew
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 bag of beef bones for stock
1 package of chicken nuggets
Ingredients left after the March update:
- Partial BJ’s bag of sliced almonds
- Partial BJ’s bag of walnuts (I have continued to use these, but there’s still a few left.)
74 1-cup packages of blueberries (these are ones we picked and I froze in vacuum bags)
- 9 basil-in-chicken-broth cubes
122 bags of egg whites, mix of 4-ct and 8-ct
- 3 8-oz blocks of cream cheese
Miscellaneous items left after the March update:
- ½ box of popsicles (these waited for summer)
7loaves of banana bread 1714 servings of butternut squash ravioli (Seems like I should be eating these for lunch this summer.)
- 2 loaves of gingerbread
Apart from the gingerbread, all items across all categories are now ok. Either they are ingredients for dishes that will keep for a long while, or their churn is enough that they will be used up.