Because turkeys mean fall.
Clearly I missed some posts last week. On the other hand, I feel like I got a lot accomplished, not necessarily all of which will be reflected here.
In kids sports:
- The middle four had swimming lessons each week.
- By a mix of schedule and weather, our oldest only had four baseball practices.
- We totaled four soccer practices and seven soccer games.
- Our youngest went to two gymnastics classes.
Soccer has now moved to it’s “Under the Lights” late fall stage so all soccer practices for us are 7:00-8:30 pm. This provides a whole new level of dinner complexity, but will only last a few weeks.
- Collectively we had two doctor’s appointments.
- I attended another Back to School Night. There’s one more next week.
- I went to a friend’s for dinner which was a nice variation from normal.
- We had a few play dates among the younger five kids.
- The kids had a day off from school.
- As a result of the day off there was only one math morning.
- The youngest had visiting day and her first day of school.
- We had visitors over the weekend.
- One child attended a birthday party.
The big bout of productivity came in the continued cleaning out. I finished putting away all of the sale items. As part of that process I separated out items to donate to various charities. Those items still need to be sorted and actually donated. I also listed a number of items on online yard sales with much success.
- Two pairs of women’s pants
- One Halloween costume
- Two pairs of hockey gloves
- One pair of hockey elbow pads
- One pair of hockey socks
- Two travel booster seats
I also returned a shirt and gave away an infant tub and infant car seat. And yet, the clean out continues.