First, I found an additional 190 things (with help from the pile of old school papers) to toss, bringing me to 465 for Sept/Oct combined!
In sports (winding down):
- Gymnastics for the youngest.
- Swimming for the middle four.
- Four soccer practices but only one game. The rest were rained out.
- I registered the fourth for baseball in the spring.
And, in life:
- I had one parent/teacher conference. Three more this week.
- We completed health insurance signups for next year.
- We got flu shots.
- The twins went to math morning.
- We carved pumpkins.
As this basically closes out October, here are my goals for November:
- Clean the garage. This largely needs to be done while everyone is at school which will be a bit challenging with Thanksgiving and parent/teacher conferences taking away some preschool days this month. But, there’s a limit to the cold temperatures I’m willing to work in so it needs to get done soon.
- Get a haircut. This is the second to last item on my backlogged list from the summer. It’s been since April. Also much easier to do when preschool is in session.
- Throw out another 465 items. I’m going for the # of the day method this month. And, I expect to be relying on the school papers pile for the 20+ numbered days, but there’s plenty more cleaning out that needs to happen so a 30-day month provides some nice motivation.
I think three goals is a good target for the month. Obviously other things will happen, but three is a reasonable number to focus on.